Updated: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 12:16 PM
The State of Illinois and its various departments provide valuable assistance to residents of the 28th District on a daily basis. If you have a state government question or concern, please contact one my offices for help.
Listed below are eight of the most frequently requested services that my offices receive. Click each section for additional information.
- College Planning
- The Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) can provide information on MAP Grants and assistance with completing the FAFSA.
- Individualized Education Programs
- The Illinois State Board of Education offers Individualized Education Programs for those students with Special Needs.
- Illinois Online Colleges and Universities
- Click this link for information on Illinois’ online colleges and universities.
- Student Search Service
- Test Score & Data Privacy
- Information on how student data is used can be found here.
- The Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES)
- The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT)
- Medical Benefit Issues
- Social Security – Disability Determination
- The Department of Human Services also works with the Social Security Administration to determine an individual’s eligibility for Disability benefits.
- The Illinois Housing Development Authority offers various programs to help Illinoisans secure housing, including the Welcome Home Illinois! Program.
- Attorney General links
- The Spanish Coalition for Housing provides mortgage services for individuals in need.
- Filling an Appeal
- If you feel that your property has been over-assessed, please contact our office to set up an appointment or visit the Assessors’ websites for necessary Appeal forms.
- The Illinois Department on Aging aids seniors in many areas, including the Benefits Access Program (formerly the Circuit Breaker Program) and transportation.